Local Information

Below is a list of resources you can browse for more local information:

If you want to report any issues which need addressing in the open space, roads, footpaths or play parks please contact the NGP Project Office at:  https://www.newcastlegreatpark.com/contact-3/
You can attach photos or files to this reporting form, and you will recieve a copy of your submission to your own email address. You may then retain this for your records or forward it as you choose with either the Great Park Action Group or your ward councillor.

Within the first two years snags should be reported to your builder. It is best to do this in writing for a record rather than phone up. Contact details are for Persimmon: www.persimmonhomes.com/north-east/contact-customer-care and for Taylor Wimpey :northeastcustomercare@taylorwimpey.com . After the first two years you have some cover from the warranty provider until the house is ten yeaars old.

The centre is run by the community for the community through the Great Park Community Centre Association.  Any adult living on the Great Park may be a member for a stake of £1. They may then vote at meetings and/or become a trustee.  The trustees are all residents who give their time for free.  They have employed a management company (Evolution Management) for the day to day running of the centre.  Contact the trustees about strategic issues at gpccassociation@gmail.com or the management team for day to day things at info@greatparkcommunitycentre.com

Check what's on at http://www.gpcc.communitybookings.co.uk/whats-on


You can use this email for non urgent matters: newcastlenorth.npt@northumbria.pnn.police.uk

There are two other residents' associations to date.
Melbury and Warkworth Woods have their own site.
Greenside have a closed Facebook page and more recently a web site.

If your house faces the A1 and you are having problems with noise, you might find this useful.  You should have acoustic glazing and special plasterboard to the roof area to dimish noise in the house. Read the planning document here.

The developers who own the land we live on until it has been adopted, have given permission for the council to enforce penalties for dog fouling.  You can report any incidents here: http://www.newcastle.gov.uk/environment/street-care-and-cleaning/dog-fouling?opendocument
You might like to join the Facebook page started by Ruth Hewitt from the Ark in the Park.

You can report excessively noisy aircraft to Newcastle Airport via email at noise@newcastleinternational.co.uk or phone them on  0871 882 1121 giving the time and date of the incident.

This is a community development project supported by the Church of England.  It is situated in Melbury, but is for the whole of the Great Park.  For more information visit their web site.